Welcome to the all-new Joyful Programmer’s community
We are currently in the process of building an entire new adventure for the community.
What’s New to the Community?
- New webhosting provider
- An all-new main website (Mobile Friendly)
- A social media website (Mobile Friendly)
- An online store (Mobile Friendly)
What does the new web hosting provider offer to the community?
SSL security for all websites hosted by The Joyful Programmer.
With the move to a new webhosting provider, we were able to purchase SSL certificates for all our sites at a reasonable price. Now users and members a-like can visit our sites with the comfort of knowing their data they transmit and receive from the server will be encrypted.
Tons of extra added protection.
Not only will your private data (i.e. login information) be protected with SSL security, but you can rest assure our sites are protected against:
- Malicious attacks
- SQL Injections
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Local File Includes
- Remote File Includes
- XML-RPC DDos Attacks
- Exploits and Malware
- Brute Force Attacks
- …and many other forms of attack
This means all your data is secured and can not be accessed by outside envading forces.
More powerful and faster servers
We have 100% access to 6 Cores of the processors, and 6 GB of RAM.
- With that much RAM, The Joyful Programmer’s websites are served from in-memory making server side scripts and database queries blazingly fast.
- You will experience faster page loading speeds thanks to professional caching, minifying, and powerful hardware optimized loseless compressions.
- With powerful persistent communication between the server and your browser, multiple files are transfered in just one connection, minimizing downloading penalties.
- With 6 processor cores working together as one, page loading will be much faster
- This means complex calculations computed by server-side scripting languages will be done much faster.
- Server side graphic rendering or manipulations will also be faster.
What our new up-and-coming sites have to offer the community
The Joyful Programmer’s Main Site (This one):
This primary site is intended to be more of an informational site about various computer programming topics. Here are some features you will find here:
- Tiki Wiki: A modern day Wiki system which offers an intelligent and powerful WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) HTML/Wiki editor. The Tiki Wiki editor makes the creation of Wiki documents painless, fast, and easy with a wide range of features:
- Standard text effects: Bold, Italics, Underline, text color, text background, Subscript, Superscript
- Quotes & Comments
- Table creations
- Bullet Points & Numbered Lists
- Graphs and Charts
- YouTube videos
- Graphical Equations
- …and many more…
What does this mean for Wiki page creators?
It means: No more learning complex Wiki markups just to do the most simplest function. On top of that, you can view the Wiki page source code and add HTML, as-well-as CSS to all HTML tags.
Tiki Wiki page creators can now focus on creating content instead of trying to code it.
The Tiki Wiki HTML editor also offers a “Full Screen” mode that allows you to use the entire browser window for editing a page, instead of just a small section. This allows your Tiki Wiki page creation and editing experiences to be more engaging.
- Multiple Forums: Each forum is dedicated to a specific area of computer programming interests.
- TJP’S Blog: Keep up-to-date and get behind the scenes information from the adminstrators of The Joyful Programmer.
- Articles: Current information.
- File Galleries: User can download documents, images, and other files shared by members on this site.
- Spreadsheets: Registered members can create unlimited spreadsheets which can be used on Wiki pages and forum posts alike.
- Member’s promotional Tiki Wiki page: Registered members are provided a FREE Tiki Wiki page where they can promote themselves and their work.
- Log-In with Facebook: Users can instantly register and login through their Facebook account.
The Coder’s Lair:
The Coder’s Lair is The Joyful Programmer’s social media site. This is a more open and engaging site where the community can socialize on a more informal basis, share their projects, discuss computer related topics, and help teach others. Here are some of the features provided on the Coder’s Lair:
- Spaces: This features allows all members to create unlimited communities around specific topics. They are similar to Facebook’s “groups”.
- Streams: This is where members post content. Every space and member profile has a stream for members to post to.
- Posts: Members can write messages and share images in their posts. Just like on Facebook.
- Files: Members can upload files to share to other members in spaces or their profile.
- Gallery: Members can upload images to share to other members in spaces or their profiles.
- Wiki: This mini-wiki provides members the ability to create simple wiki pages and single tier sub wiki pages in spaces or on their profiles.
- Messages: Have short, direct and private conversations with other members through this system.
- FreiChat Chat Box: A Facebook messenger like chat box.
The Coder’s Avenue:
The Coder’s Avenue is The Joyful Programmer’s modern online store where you can purchase downloadable content, like:
- Professional programming EBooks (PDF, EPUB, etc…)
- Background images
- Spritesheets (for your games)
- Graphic elements (playing cards, etc…)
- …and more…
About This Site:
The Joyful Programmer is dedicated to working with, and teaching computer programming hobbyists, tinkerers, amateurs, and enthusiasts.
The Joyful Programmer’s websites are a community driven project where we can learn, as-well-as teach, various technologies in computer programming.
The Joyful Programmer’s community is about promoting the education of computer programming, as-well-as open source projects which can be used to teach others.
This community’s priority is to provide as safe and peaceful place where users can socialize, discuss, share, teach, and ask questions that are within the scope of this project. Harassment, bickering, fussing, disrespectfulness, explotations, badgering, spamming, cursing, and other negative activities will not be tolerated.
The administrators of The Joyful Programmer communities reserves the rights to remove any content (i.e. files, images, spaces, wiki pages, etc…), ban users, block IP addresses, and any other measures without warning or notice to anyone.
Computer programming technologies TJP will focus:
The latest C++ and C specifications:
The latest C and C++ specifications will be the primary focus on The Joyful Programmer’s community.
Assembly/Machine Language (Intel chipset):
While we will primarily focus on C++ and C, you can not learn enough without understanding the only language the processor understands. This language goes hand-and-hand with all compilable languages like C++ and C.
Why we chose to focus on these technologies (for curious minds):
Focusing on a minimal amount of programming languages, instead of many, allows us to provide the community quality expertise into these technologies.
Please visit our other online locations:
The Coder’s Lair (A Social Media Site by The Joyful Programmer): COMMING SOON!
The Coder’s Avenue (The Joyful Programmer’s Online Store): COMMING SOON!
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/thejoyfulprogrammer
Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/thejoyfulprogrammer/
C++ and C Programming for Beginners (Facebook Group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/CPP.and.C.programming.for.Beginners/
GitHub Page: https://github.com/TheJoyfulProgrammer